Dla zainteresowanych wrzucam pytania z kwestionariuszu o przedłużenie programu:
ABOUT YOU AS AN AU PAIR AND YOUR EXTENSION
- In 3-4 sentences, please explain why the au pair program was the right choice for you?
- Why should a family choose you as their au pair? Please include what special skills you offer as an au pair and what sets you apart from other au pairs who have been here for a full year.
- What is your favorite part about being an au pair?
- What has been the most challenging part about being an au pair?
- Did your current Host Family ask you to extend with them? If not, why did they not ask you to extend?
- Why did you choose to extend with a new Host Family?
- Why did you choose to extend for the length of time you are extending (6, 9 or 12 months; this question is very important for au pairs extending for 6 or 9 months).
- What are your overall goals for your extension year?
- Do you have geographic preferences for your second year? How important is it that you are placed in this area/city/state?
- How many children do you feel you are best suited to care for?
- What age groups do you feel you are best suited to care for?
YOUR CURRENT PLACEMENT
- How many hours per week do you currently work?
- Does your schedule include evenings and weekends?
- Does your schedule change often?
- What time does your typical working day start and what time does it end?
- Please describe all of the household duties you are responsible for during the week.
- Please describe a typical working day with your Host Family – What do you do each morning, each afternoon, and each evening?
- What kind of activities do you like to plan for your Host Children?
DRIVING INFORMATION AND DRIVING EXPERIENCE IN THE U.S
- Do you drive in your current placement?
- How many days per week do you drive?
- Are you comfortable driving in the U.S?
- What kind of car do you drive in your current placement?
- Do you drive with the children in the car? How many days per week do you drive with the children in the car?
- How would your current Host Family describe your driving skills?
- Have you ever been in any accidents or received any tickets? (this information will be verified by your Area Director)
- Do you have an International License? What is the expiration date?
- Do you have a State Learner’s Permit? What is the expiration date?
- Do you have a State License? What is the expiration date?
- Do you enjoy cooking?
- Does your Host Family ask that you cook hot meals for the children?
- What kind of hot meals do you prepare for the children for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
- Have you had an opportunity to share a recipe from your home country with your Host Family? If so, what was it and what was the experience like sharing your culture with your Host Family?
- What kind of food do you cook for yourself?
ASIDE FROM BEING AN AU PAIR…
- How do you like to spend your free time?
- What do you plan to do when your second year with the au pair program is complete?
- What are your future career plans?
Please answer YES or NO to the following questions:
Are you comfortable and willing to work with :
- a single mother?
- a single father?
- a same sex couple?
- a stay at home mother?
- a family with a dog?
- a family with a cat?
- children ages 0-6 months?
- children ages 6-12 months?
- children ages 12 months to 2 years?
- children ages 2 year to 5 years?
- children ages 5 year to 10 years?
- children over the age of 10 years?
- a child who has special needs (such as
- autism or developmental delays)?
- twins or triplets under the age of 2 years?